Point Validation

Point_Verifications                                                                                                                                               ENSU_Transcipt

Course Related Work:

Renewable Energy Paper (Geog 3990) In this paper I addressed renewable energy options that could have been further researched prior to the acceptance of the Site C Mega Project. The renewable energy options discussed were geothermal, wind, and solar energy.

TRU Undergrad Conference Presentation: The Effects of Climate Change on the Rural-Urban Fringe. This presentation highlighted the effects of climate change on the Rural-Urban Fringes of Melbourne, Ghana, and California. The study areas had differing problems such as drought and wildfires which made them more susceptible to climate change. This presentation gave me the tools to share the knowledge I have gained to others to help shed light on problems that not everyone is aware of. From this is was able to share recommendations at both a small and large scale to reduce and mitigate the effects of climate change on the Rural-Urban Fringe.

Courses in Environmental Sustainability: 

Geog 2020: Weather Climate and the Global Environment

This course introduces the basic processes of meteorology and climatology. The course also goes over the classification of climate systems and examines the causes of global climates through time.

Geog 3100: Environment and Resources

In this course, students explore the relations between humans and the natural world by discussing concepts surrounding the management of environment-resources systems.

Geog 3200: Cultural Geography

Students explore the history and methods of cultural geography. Contemporary landscapes, human-land adaptations, attitudes towards nature, colonial history and intercultural relations, and the cultural nature of the modern economy are examined through a mixture of field exploration, film, and studies of neighbourhood change.

Geog 3990: Renewable Energy

This course addresses the various forms of renewable energy and gives students an understanding of analytical frameworks surrounding sustainability and the relationship between these issues and the political structure of the economy.

Geog 4990: Environmental Risk

This course explores risk from an environmental perspective and introduces students to key theories surrounding risk. It explores how environmental risks are created, managed, communicated, and understood.

Green Jobs:

I have been employed part-time for the Graffiti Task Force, which is a contract company for the City of Kamloops for four years, working full time in the summers. With my time at this job, I have become aware of how much environmental sustainability means to the City of Kamloops. At my job, it has been a priority to make sure that we only use safe and sustainable products that are approved by the city. The practices used in this job can be implemented in any line of work in order to make it more sustainable. With my time spent and experience gained at this job, I have been able to make recommendations on products that I have found to be sustainable and other practices that help our team be more environmentally sustainable. I believe this job has given me skills that can be used in other lines of work to address and lead in a way that puts environmental sustainability at the top of a company’s priorities.